Headlines predict Americans will spend $18.9 billion on Valentine’s Day this year, which would be an all-time high. Other research centers report:
- One-quarter of men spend because they feel obligated or are just trying to get lucky.
- The longer the relationship and the older you get, the less you spend.
- Americans will spend more than $700 million on Valentine’s gifts for their pets.
- 1 in 5 women buy Valentine’s gifts for themselves.
- Rose prices spike just in time for Valentine’s Day.
So, I am thinking shouldn’t every day be a day to let those you love know it? I disagree with those who say “talk is cheap”. A kind word, a thank-you, a hug or kiss can go a long way in making someone feel special. However, if you do have thousands, millions or even billions you want to spend, have I got a house for you! I can even find one with its own rose garden ... just give me a call.